Wednesday, January 6, 2010

watch/listen: united state of pop 2009

I heard this for the first time on New Year's Day and immediately texted Toby Knapp to tell him how obsessed I was with it. I had no idea it was A) a real song and B) something that's been done multiple times as a year-end music wrap-up.

The dude's name is DJ Earworm and his occupation: Genius.

Okay, maybe that's not true. He's probably just a really great DJ. Either way, he's my genius of the week, fo sho.

Take a listen to this mash-up/remix/whatever of songs and fall in love just like I did. Be amazed like I was. Listen over and over and over again like I am.



All of my year-end top 10 lists just got trumped. This is hands down the best thing to represent the year. [If you like pop music, of course.]

DJ Earworm, please marry me. But change your name first.... elizabethany earworm is a little odd.

love,
elizabethany

PS: Just for S's and giggles, here is 2008's:



And 2007's:



OBSESSED.

No comments: