Tuesday, November 11, 2008

the next superstar

Move over, Will Smith.. Your boy is about to take over!!

Okay, maybe not yet.. But he is certainly on his way.

Next on his to-do list: Star as the new Karate Kid.

Yep, they're doing another remake of the 1984 classic! Will's son Jaden, who played his son in "The Pursuit of Happyness" is front row center, while Daddy has a seat backstage this time.

Will is signed on to be a producer.

As much as I'm not a huge fan of remaking classic movies, I think they already killed the chance of keeping it a single-classic movie, obviously.. And I think it has been long enough that this one is going to be completely different, yet still give reference to the old ones.. And I'm pretty excited. Plus, it doesn't hurt that the Smith family is ridiculously, amazingly talented.

The only downside is that the beloved Mr. Miyagi isn't going to be there. Ralph Macchio died in 2005. :(

The 10-year-old kid was amazing in the Pursuit, so I can only imagine what he's going to be able to do with this.. Especially since he takes martial arts anyways.

I'm pretty pumped, guys!

love,
elizabethany

No comments: